Privacy & Cookies
This website is operated by The Marketing Lounge Partnership Limited registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 06467245 and having its registered office address at The Cow Shed, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Warrington, Cheshire WA4 4PG ("We", "Us", "MLP") on behalf of Hoover is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are committed to protecting your privacy whilst remaining compliant with The UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”) / The UK Data Protection Act (“DPA18”) and The EU GDPR.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL PURPOSE FOR PROCESSING
In order for us to fulfil our contractual and customer obligations, there is a requirement to collect specific personally identifiable information. There are legal bases for the processing of such personally identifiable information; primarily personal information is processed on the basis of consent. We retain evidence of consent which has been collected by Us or provided by our clients. Where consent cannot be obtained for various reasons, we may legally process the information you provide to us because we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
We have a legitimate interest in further processing the information which is provided by you or our Client. We may also use your information for other specific legitimate purposes such as:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To validate an account upon registration.
Should you contact us with a query in relation to an offer, we may use your data along with Stagecoach Services Limited ("Client"), or permit selected third parties, such as but not limited to; participating partners to contact you regarding your query where necessary.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). The data we collect about you may include, but is not limited to:
• Name (first, surname, other)
• Contact Address
• Email address
• Telephone numbers
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and for training and quality purposes
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit or an email opened, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
DATA TRANSFERS & SAFEGUARDS
In certain instances, We are required to transfer a limited amount of personal information provided by customers to third parties in order to fulfil contractual obligations, Personal Data, may be transferred to computers located outside of the UK governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
We use the collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain the Service
• To notify you about changes to our Service
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
• To provide customer care and support
• To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
• To monitor the usage of the Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of We
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Under the UK and EU Privacy Laws. MLP and Hoover have a legal responsibility to provide information to you about the type and purpose of the cookies they use, and guidance on how to disable them or prevent them being placed on your internet device if you choose not to allow them.
What cookies can't do
• read your hard disk
• obtain your login email address, or other information unless you volunteer the information
• be used to create viruses or destructive programs on your computer
• can't be used to instantly fill up your hard drive.
What cookies are being used?
Optional – cookies that can be turned on/off by users.
|_gid||Google analytics - Used to identify unique visitors.||Two year from when cookie is set||Optional|
|_ga||Google analytics - Used to identify unique visitors.||One year from when cookie is set||Optional|
How do I manage my cookie settings?
You can change your cookie preferences at any time by clicking on the ‘Settings’ icon, bottom left of your screen. You can then adjust the available sliders to ‘On’ or ‘Off’, then clicking ‘Save and close’. You may need to refresh your page for your settings to take effect.
Alternatively, most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
• Google Chrome https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
• Microsoft Edge https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-bb8174ba-9d73-dcf2-9b4a-c582b4e640dd
• Mozilla Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop?redirectslug=enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences&redirectlocale=en-US
• Microsoft Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
• Opera https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/
• Apple Safari https://support.apple.com/en-gb/safari
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.